Immediate Opening for a Warehouse Team Member – PHI’s Hiring !
Your greatest asset in a company are your employees, which is why Progressive Hydraulics, Inc. (PHI) is searching to fill an immediate opening for a Warehouse Team Member at our Saddle Brook, NJ location.
Who we’re looking for
This opportunity will contribute to the company’s efficiency, profitability and customer satisfaction by accurately and safely receiving and storing materials and products as well as pick, pack and scan orders for pickup and delivery.
If you’re a detailed oriented person with good communication skills, who works efficiently and is looking to start a career or add value to an established company, then this position is for you!
What you will do here
- Accurately process incoming shipments in a timely manner, which include but are not limited to:
- Receive shipments & log into inventory
- Clearly identify & Label products
- Inspect incoming freight for damage & process according to company policy
- Efficiently move incoming shipments to put-away zones
- Schedule incoming shipments to ensure a smooth delivery process
- Notify Warehouse
- Prepares Orders for Shipment or Pick-up in a timely manner, which include but are not limited to:
- Order Fulfillment – Pick/Pull/Fill orders from Inventory Stock
- Order Set up – Assemble orders on pallets/carts & preps them in the packing & shipping area
- Communicate with supervisors, sales staff, co-workers and customers to coordinate deliveries/pick-ups
- Process returns & transfers accurately while updating inventory
- Maintain inventory through audits & report any quality or inventory discrepancy issues to the appropriate person(s)
- Follow special instructions regarding any individual order
- Safely operate a forklift efficiently & maintain required certification, perform vehicle safety checks & report discrepancies to supervisor
- Assist in keeping the facility secure, clean, neat, safe & operating effectively
- Follow all established policy & safety guidelines in a drug-free workplace
- Attend product knowledge meetings as required by Management
- Maintain proficiency in computerized systems & other technologies as required
- Follow company policies & procedures
- Other duties as assigned
Credentials & Experience you should have
- High School Diploma/GED Preferred
- Min. 1 year in similar position Preferred
- Min. 2 years in progressive position Preferred
- Operates forklifts in compliance with Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) requirements
- Basic computer literacy/keyboarding skills
- Stand/walk for the duration of work hours
- Able to lift/carry heavy materials (up to 50 lbs) or maneuver equipment
- Pass drug screen & alcohol check
What traits & skill make the right Candidate
- Demonstrates accuracy & attention to detail
- Understands basic Inventory, Warehousing & Stocking procedures
- Is a productive team player with effective time management & can work independently with some direction
- Can follow written instructions & documented procedures
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment & can adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication & division)
- Effective listener with clear verbal & written communication skills
- Problem Solver who can multitask & has analytical abilities
- Present a neat & professional image
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive pay, commensurate with experience
In addition, PHI will offer you a competitive benefits package after a 3-month probationary period that will include:
- Medical & Dental
- Life & Disability Insurance
- 401K with company match
- Accrued Paid-Time Off (Vacation & Sick Days) plus Holidays
Apply today & email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Progressive Hydraulics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
About Progressive Hydraulics, Inc.
Progressive Hydraulics, Inc. is a family-owned and operated business with an established history in Hydraulics for the last 50 years. PHI is the leading Premier Full Line Parker® Distributor in NY, NJ and CT with 6 ParkerStore™ locations throughout the Tri-State area.
Our employees are certified and trained on Parker® industrial, mobile, pneumatic and connector products. In addition, we offer precision-engineered system and controls solutions to OEM’s and end-users in industries such as Manufacturing, Infrastructure, Marine, Oil & Gas, Military, Food and several other commercial industries. We also maintain an ISO 9001 Quality Standard and earned Parker® Certified Hydraulic and Pneumatic Technology Center statuses.
Progressive Hydraulics Inc. is a NJBIA Certified Healthy Business. We adhere to State, Federal &Health Agency guidelines to keep our Employees & Customers safe. Masks are required for customers our ParkerStores™ & Plexiglass is installed at all counters.