Join PHI – We’re Hiring Counter Sales Associates in NJ
Progressive Hydraulics, Inc (PHI) knows an organization’s greatest assets are its employees. That’s why we’re offering opportunities to people who share the same values and want to grow with us. Together we can build a stronger future and continue to give the best possible customer service experience at our stores.
Who We Are Looking For
PHI has immediate openings for Counter Sales Associates at our Saddle Brook, NJ location.
This opportunity will contribute to increasing store sales and customer satisfaction by helping walk-in/call-in customers find hydraulic and pneumatic products or provide hydraulic hose assembly/repair services efficiently.
If you have great people skills, are mechanically inclined and committed to going the extra mile for customers, this position is for you!
What You Will Do Here
- Greet customers & take walk-in or phone orders
- Follow company pricing, credit & policy guidelines
- Retrieve orders from the warehouse for in-store pick-up
- Accurately use order entry & computer systems/technologies
- Promote/cross-sell/up-sell to increase sales
- Handle customer complaints & returns with a positive attitude
- Keep merchandising/counter areas clean & attractive
- Keep stock current & assist with physical counts (Inventory Management)
- Drive sales via outbound sales calls per management direction
- Hose & Tube Assemblies/Fabrication
- Attend Product Training Meetings
- Perform ad hoc duties as assigned
Credentials & Experience You Should Have
- High School Diploma or GED
- Wholesale Distribution Experience and/or 2 years in similar position Preferred
- Background in Hydraulics Preferred
- Trade Certification or Mechanical Aptitude Preferred
- Bilingual Spanish or Polish
- Able To Lift Up To 50 lbs. Of Materials/Equipment
- Pass Drug Screen & Background Check
- Stand Walk for duration of work hours
What Traits & Skills Make The Right Candidate
- Professional, Responsible, Organized & Reliable
- Deliver superior Customer Service
- Effective listening & phone skills
- Demonstrates accuracy & attention to detail
- Able to handle difficult customers with diplomacy & tact
- Is a productive team player with effective time management & can work independently with some direction
- Can follow written instructions & documented procedures
- Computer Literate
What’s In It For You?
- Competitive pay, commensurate with experience
In addition, PHI will offer you a competitive benefits package after a 3-month probationary period that will include:
- Medical & Dental
- Life & Disability Insurance
- 401K with company match
- Accrued Paid-Time Off (Vacation & Sick Days) plus Holidays
Starting salary will depend on experience – Apply with your resume today & email email@example.com!
Progressive Hydraulics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
About Progressive Hydraulics, Inc.
Progressive Hydraulics, Inc. is a family-owned and operated business with an established history in Hydraulics for the last 50 years. PHI is the leading Premier Full Line Parker® Distributor in NY, NJ and CT with 6 ParkerStore™ locations throughout the Tri-State area.
Our employees are certified and trained on Parker® industrial, mobile, pneumatic and connector products. In addition, we offer precision-engineered system and controls solutions to OEM’s and end-users in industries such as Manufacturing, Infrastructure, Marine, Oil & Gas, Military, Food and several other commercial industries. We also maintain an ISO 9001 Quality Standard and earned Parker® Certified Hydraulic and Pneumatic Technology Center statuses.
Progressive Hydraulics Inc. is a NJBIA Certified Healthy Business. We adhere to State, Federal &Health Agency guidelines to keep our Employees & Customers safe. Masks are required for customers at our ParkerStores™ & Plexiglass is installed at all counters.